Welcome to this week's Makeover Monday where you can learn an easy way to tie ribbons on your card making projects. This is a simple but classic layout on this birthday card and the ribbon is the finishing touch.
For this design you can use any designer paper, coordinating card stock and ribbon. You can let the designer paper be in the spotlight and add a simple sentiment for any occasion. This paper is retiring and discounted (Click HERE---it may still be available!), and if you're like most paper crafters, you have a stash that you can dig through to make this work.
Take a look at the video below and read on for information on cutting dimensions.
- Card base is cut 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".
- Cut your designer paper at 4" x 5 1/4" and a different coordinating print at 1 1/4" x 4".
- Use a contrasting color of coordinating card stock and cut at 1 1/2" x 4" to back the strip of designer paper.
- You'll need a piece of a light color neutral to stamp and punch your sentiment.
- Notice that I leave the ribbon on the spool in the video. If you can do this, you'll save on ribbon by not cutting it too short or too long.
Just wanted to remind you that there are still many items available on the 2017 Stampin' Up! Retiring List.
Some items are 40% -50% off! See a list of my favorites HERE.
If you'd like to take a peek at the full list, click here to gain access.
Several items have sold out but are still listed. If you have questions, please let me know.