Today's project is a fun birthday card with the Magical Day stamp set from the Occasions Catalog.
I love this set and the coordinating framelits and designer paper. These products make a fun card for kids of all ages. Last week, I made this box with a darling mermaid from the set.
The rich colors from the designer paper inspired the coloring of the knight with my Stampin' Blends. I think I could color with those beauties all day long...so very relaxing.
This card is a makeover of the one seen in the video below. I switched things up a bit since I needed to add a sentiment. Rather than add another die cut or punched element, I decided to white emboss the sentiment directly on the card base. It just pops on that Dapper Denim base, doesn't it?
Take a look at the video below to see the basic steps for this card.
Click here to see this birthday card video tutorial on You Tube.
- This is a great layout if you need a starting point for a card.
- Use the designer paper that you choose as inspiration for your ink and card stock color choices.
- Try combining patterns as I did on both the card in the video and the makeover with Magical Day. Notice one print is bolder than the other on each card.
- Click here to access the Ink and Inspirations Project Details for this makeover.
Lisa's Specials for February:
- *HOST CODE: ZEY4Z4SQ Use this code when placing an order in my Stampin' Up! Online Store and receive a gift from me in the mail. Please do not use the code if your order totals $150 or more before shipping and tax. You will earn Stampin' Rewards on your order from Stampin' Up! AND I will still send you a gift from me!
- Earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration item with each $50 in product purchase! (Special offerings for $100 in product purchase including this bundle with embossing folder and the coordinating stamp set.). See the new Sale-A-Bration choices HERE!