Today's cardmaking project "wears" and pretty technique fold for your handmade creations.
This drapery fold is no more that an angled cut, a few score lines, and an accordian fold. Put that stash of designer paper to good use with this technique and you'll have some beautiful cards on hand to send to loved ones.
Let's take a look at the video tutorial. It will just take a few minutes of your time and you'll have a fun technique fold in your cardmaking bag of tricks!
See this fancy fold technique video on my You Tube channel HERE.
- Card base is cut 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".
- Whisper White is cut 5 1/4" x 4".
- Designer paper is cut 10" x 4 3/4".
- Make a tick mark at 3/4" on one of the 4 3/4" sides.
- Turn and mark the other 4 3/4" side and 3/4".
- Cut designer paper at an angle from tick mark to tick mark.
- On one of the diagonal pieces, start at the wide end and score at 2", 3", 5", 6", 8", and 9".
- Accordion fold on the score lines to make your drapery fold.
Some of the supplies used on the card in this video are no longer available. The Paper Trimmer and Simply Scored Scoring Tool are basics. Add some pretty designer paper and ribbon; two are suggested here. Top with your favorite sentiment for a really pretty card!
This is an easy way to add a beautiful pop of color to your cards. Have you decided which designer paper that you will try this technique with first? You'll love using this pretty technique fold for your handmade cards.