Here's an idea for making an ombre technique with cardstock for cardmaking.
This precious Honey Bee Bundle  with coordinating dies is on the 2020 Stampin’ Up! Last Chance List.
The Honey Bee Bundle  has been very popular and was on backorder for quite a while! This is my first card project with this bundle. It was so much fun to create this project. The card stock strips create an ombre look and make for a sweet background for these images, don’t you think?
Here's a quick video for you to create this cardmaking technique.
If you like this effect, try different colors to create this ombre look. Think about using shades of blue, pinks and reds, or purple tints.
Here are the details for this card:
- Card base is Crushed Curry Cardstock  and cut at 4-¼ x 11 and scored at 5-½.
- The Whisper White piece is cut 4 x 5-¼. You will need some scrap pieces for stamping and die cutting.
- You will need 1 x 3-¾” pieces of each of these colors: Crushed Curry Cardstock , So Saffron Cardstock , Daffodil Delight Cardstock , Mango Melody Cardstock , and Pumpkin Pie .
- Stamp the bee in Jet Black Stāzon Ink Pad  on Vellum Cardstock . Die cut and the color with Mango Melody Dark Stampin' Blends  on the reverse side.
Here is a list of the Stampin’ Up! products used for this card. The items from the Last Chance (Retiring) List are available While Supplies Last and may or may not be available.
- Honey Bee Bundle  (retiring)
- Paper Snips 
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue 
- Mini Glue Dots 
- Paper Trimmer 
- Crushed Curry 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- So Saffron 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Daffodil Delight 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Mango Melody 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Pumpkin Pie 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Vellum 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Stāzon Cleaner 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Mango Melody Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Stitched Labels Dies  (retiring)
- Crushed Curry 3/8" (1 Cm) Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (retiring)
- Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels 
- Jet Black Stāzon Ink Pad 
- Mango Melody Dark Stampin' Blends 
If you do not have this Honey Bee Bundle  please take advantage of this time and treat yourself while still available!
P.S. We made an extra project. It’s an easy little box.
- Cut your cardstock 5-½” x 8-½”.
- Score at 2,4,6,8 on the 8-½” side. Turn and score at 2” for the box bottom.
- The accent pieces of cardstock on each panel are cut 1-¾” x 3-¼”.
Get busy as a bee and buzz on over to the online store to get this Honey Bee Bundle  while it is still available then try your hand at this ombre cardmaking technique!