Here's a sweet project with a simple spotlighting technique for card making. This card and video have been ready to share for quite some time and the linen thread is no longer available. I'll share an alternative during the video.
About the technique...
There is a spotlighting technique that is a little more "detailed" but this method is really easy and I think you will enjoy it for your cards. Here's a close-up look...
Simple Spotlighting Technique for Card Making
- Crumb Cake Cardstock  is cut 4 x 8 and scored at 4".
- Basic White Cardstock  is cut 3 x 4 for the outside panel and 3- 3/4 x 3-3/4 for the inside of the card. You will also need a scrap for the "spotlight".
- Choose a 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 circle from the Layering Circles Dies  for the spotlight piece.
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper : 4 x 4
- Substitute (2) 1/4" x 4" strips of Mossy Meadow 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock  to border the top and bottom of the outside panel in place of the linen thread.
- This card has colored Basic Rhinestones for accents but the Pastel Pearls are perfect!
If you'd like to create this card, just simply click on any image below to have it shipped to your home. Thank you so much for choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
Now you can create a card with a simple spotlighting technique to add a pop of interest to your handmade creations!