No-Line Watercoloring Technique for Handmade Cards
January 26, 2023
This cardmaking project features a "new-to-me" technique called no-line watercoloring. With this project, instead of water, we will be using a clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.
The image you see on this card is from the Dainty Delight Cling Stamp Set  from the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog. That gorgeous paper in the background is from the Dainty Flowers 12" X 12"Designer Series Paper  that you can earn free with a $50 purchase from my Stampin' Up! Online Store during our huge Sale-A-Bration promotion which continues through the end of February 2023. This paper has been extremely popular and for good reason. It is absolutely beautiful and can be used to make so many beautiful cards.
In the video below, you'll see this technique and this easy fun fold plus I will show off this stack of designer papers so you can see just exactly what all the good fuss is about.
This technique gives you that artistic feel. But, it's very simple to achieve by using a light color ink and then applying our classic inks with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. This technique could also be accomplished by using water with our Water Painters and our classic inks. Using the glitter brush gives that little bit of sparkle that makes it extra special.
In the video below, you can see this technique, how easy it is, and also this beautiful collection of designer papers. If you continue watching the video, you'll also see another beautiful card using these designer papers that you can earn for free. Let's take a look...
- The card base is cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Fold in half at 4 1/4 and then fold the card front in half back to the fold.
- Basic White for the inside of the card is cut at 2 x 5 3/8.
- Two prints of the designer paper are cut at 2 x 5 3/8.
- Watercolor paper is cut at 2 x 3 3/8.
- You will need a piece of Mossy Meadow to back the sentiment and to die-cut the label that is behind the main image.
Here are the supplies used for this card-making project.
- Dainty Delight Cling Stamp Set (English) 
- Mossy Meadow 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Dainty Flowers 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Designer Series Paper 
- Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper 
- Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Rich Razzleberry Ombre Stampin’ Pad 
- Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Scalloped Contours Dies 
- Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine 
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue 
- Paper Snips 
- Brushed Brass Butterflies 
- Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush 
Thank you for your consideration in shopping with me. When you do, it allows me to continue sharing and providing ideas and inspiration to you.
And, during Sale-A-Bration through the end of February, you can earn some fabulous free products with your qualifying order! As a thank you from me, with each individual order of $100 or more, I will send you a $10 gift certificate to apply toward your order in March 2023!
It's time for you to order your supplies, and try this no-line watercoloring technique on your next handmade card!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.